Thursday, October 09, 2008

Why won’t science catch nature in my case? Well, maybe it’s the stock market these days that has me down, but I doubt that’s the reason. Actually let’s examine first that the progression of science has abated and particularly medical science. Yeah, I don’t really have any evidence that it has slowed, but it’s a pretty logical deduction (or is it induction?) Thanks to George Dubbya, the U.S. has the EPA acting like a going concern instead of relying on science to make decisions, the bioethics committee is made up of religious conservatives posing as doctors, and his other ‘appointments’ to various panels and committees has the science community in preservation mode instead of growth and the future. The field that has been hit the hardest in his move to make the U.S. and the world a more ‘moral’ place has been the medical field, particularly research regarding stem cells. Stem cell research is where the answers will be revealed as far as both treating and curing disease - far more easily than what you would think of as traditional medical research. In this area alone, my guess is it’ll take 5 to 10 years to catch up to where we once belonged. (The very last part of that phrase is from a Beatles song I believe, and the meanings may even be similar) I'm going to check on that and get back to you.

No comments: